Monday, March 6, 2006

A Game of Thrones

Author: George R.R. Martin
Rating:
Reading Level: Adult

Pages: 864
Publisher: Spectra
Edition: Paperback, 1996

Thoroughly engrossing -- full of gorey war and killing details... but the characters are so well drawn that it rings completely true. The twists and turns of the plotline, especially toward the end of this 800+-page book, kept me so emotionally involved and pumped that I am quite ready to go on to the next book -- almost 1,000 pages long. It is soap-opera-esque, but with all the right forumulae for a successful one! I guess I truly crossed a threshold here with the reading of this book -- officially I am now a genuine fantasy reader who is not daunted by the length of the book, only annoyed if the book is poorly presented!

No comments:

Post a Comment