Monday, August 6, 2007

It's definitely an addiction

Reading, that is. I have been reading nonstop due to my responsibility on ALSC's Notable Children's Books Committee. Although so many books so far have been disappointing or just bleh, my passion for reading has only increased. So, this reading thing must be an addiction: I am constantly looking for the next book that will grab me, get me lost in a different and dexterously constructed world (and it doesn't even have to be a fantasy land or a futuristic one) and keep me in a dizzying haze when daily routines seem less real than the characters or relationships in a story. How else could I categorize this constant search for the next Big Experience?

This desire is so strong, it's often physical!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you using this journal this way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still unsure.. it feels impure now that my individual book logs are mixed with musings. Good thing is to have a label that can bring the "thoughts" into one file. Um... I should put a new label up for book notes.

    ReplyDelete